1. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, date of birth, address, your purchasing activity, your credit, or debit card or other payment information, and information you give us when you contact our customer services team or when you engage with our social media platform (for example by tagging us in a post on Instagram).
2. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you purchase products and services from us online, or over the phone
- When you contact us or we contact you to take part in surveys, competitions or promotions
- When you contact our customer services team online or over the phone
- When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly)
3. How do we use your personal data and what are our legal justifications for doing so?
To make our products and services available to you
We use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders on our website, take payment online (where applicable) and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments;
We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make an order for products and services. Alternatively, in some cases, we rely on our legitimate interests as a business (for example, to measure customer satisfaction and troubleshoot customer issues). Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
For security and legal reasons
We use your personal data to:
- Ensure the personal and financial information you provide us is accurate;
- Conduct fraud checks or prevent other illegal activity;
- Protect our rights or property (or those of others); and
- Fulfil our legal and compliance-related obligations.
In some cases we will use your personal data because it's necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency). In other cases (such as the detection of fraud) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
1. Who do we share your personal data with?
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information on to third party companies, organisations, or service providers for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. When sharing your information, we only ever provide the information to the third-party service providers that is specifically required to complete the action required and only when there is a contract in place which requires them to securely store your information and not use it for their own marketing purposes. Companies that we currently work with are:
Stripe Payments Europe Ltd (Online Payments), Natwest Bank, RBS Bankline
Service Providers (Product Provider) e.g Shipping Info
TheTurboEngineers, THE-Tuner, Forge Motorsport, APR UK, Wagner Tuning, JRZ Suspension
Shipping Providers (e.g Shipping Info)
DHL, UPS, DPD, NBE, iLoxx, Royal Mail
To prevent crime and comply with laws
We may share your financial information including your credit, debit card or other payment information with third parties to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently.
This data sharing enables us to conduct fraud analysis which ensures that genuine and accurate payment details are provided to us for any purchase.
There may be other scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to share or disclose your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fulfil a legal requirement.
Third Party Links, Our website may contain links to third party websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
2. Your rights
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
- Have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- Access personal data we hold about you;
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- Require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- Request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- Object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data;
- Otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You can read more about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, in the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
3. Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us. Alternatively, if you have a profile on the TTE Global website, you can unsubscribe by logging into your account, or simply follow the unsubscribe link provided in emails you receive from us.
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it. If you have created a profile on the TTE Global website, you can change the details stored about you by logging into your account.